As the Associate Editor, Naima writes, edits and helps develop and review content for the Campus Progress website. Prior to joining Campus Progress, Naima interned at the Investigative Reporting Workshop, where she researched and reported on foreclosure and challenges facing the working poor. She also interned at Colorlines where she wrote on race, gender, immigration and pop culture. A graduate of Brooklyn College, City University of New York, Naima holds a B.A. in Print Journalism. While an undergraduate student, Naima contributed to both school newspapers as well as the CUNY blog NYCityWatch.org. She currently blogs on representations of race in the media on the Huffington Post BlackVoices blog, Postbourgie. Follow her on Twitter @NaimaRamChap.
Recent articles by this author:
- Student Loan Refinancing Bill to Be Unveiled This Week
- Senate Democrats Tackle Stafford Loan Rates With New Proposal
- Why Did 250,000 People Sign This Student Loan Petition?
- Consumer Watchdog Releases Report on Student Debt Crisis, How To Solve It
- Elizabeth Warren: Students Should Get ‘Same Deal’ On Interest Rates That Big Banks Get
- Amendments to Immigration Reform Bill Are In, See How LGBT Families Are Impacted
- Amid Immigration Reform Talks, Obama Makes His Position on LGBT Families Clear
- In The Swampland of Florida, Student Journalism Emerges
- How This Young Person Transformed From Gun-Violence Victim to Activist [INTERVIEW]
- What United We Dream Founder Julieta Garibay Will be Watching for During the State of the Union
- Seven Policies Young Americans Want To See Addressed In The Next Four Years
- Are Students Getting the Best Deal From University Financial Products?
- Report: Spending on Conservative Youth Groups Far Outpaces Progressive Organizations
- Chescaleigh Tells Young People: ‘Make That Video’
- Student Debt; A Heavier Load for Young Borrowers of Color
- Junot Diaz Says DREAMers Deserve More Than ‘A Bone’ [VIDEO]
- Union Summer: Interns Talk Labor, Community and Organizing [VIDEO]
- Jan Brewer Bucks WH’s ‘Deferred Action’ by Punishing AZ Undocumented Youth
- Durbin and Guitierrez Give DREAMer “Do’s and Don’ts” for Tackling New Deffered Action [VIDEO]
- ‘American,’ But Just Undocumented