Dahlia Grossman-Heinz covers gender identity politics in pop culture for Campus Progress. She studied English Literature at Reed College in Portland, Oregon, and has worked as an editorial intern at Ms. magazine. She is interested in the intersections between pop culture and politics, and whenever possible, David Lynch and horror films.
Recent articles by this author:
- Craving a Psychological Thriller? Go No Further Than Your Student Loan Bill [Film Review]
- #TrademarkFail: How Disney Tried To Own ‘Día de los Muertos’
- Pro-Gun Billboard Insensitive to Native Americans
- Anti-Abortion Group’s ‘Sting’ Videos Just As Misleading As Their Old Videos
- Who’s Writing Television?
- Themed Party At Coachella Music Fest Raises Brows With ‘Playful Torture’
- How Fastest Kickstarter In History To Hit $2 MIllion Might Also Change The Film Industry
- What Does The Word Jihad Mean To You?
- Guess Who Won’t Be Attending Largest Conservative Gathering This Year?
- Whatever Happened to The Indiana Teacher Who Wanted Gay Students Banned From Prom?
- What Happens to Youth When The Anti-Gay Westboro Baptist Church Does The Raising
- Dubbed The New Voice of the GOP, Will Marco Rubio’s Vision Resonate with Millennials?
- To Prevent Teen Pregnancies, Campaign Launches Safer Sex Product Placement
- D.C. Launches First Ever Trans Respect Campaign
- Young Adult Novel ‘Save the Pearls’ Features Teen Protagonist in Blackface
- From Pawnee to Pennsylvania Avenue: The Surge of Political Women on TV
- RomCom Fail: Film ‘Hysteria’ is Anything but Hysterical
- National Review Article Uses the Word “Wetback”
- Oklahoma Public School Students Shown Film Comparing Abortion to the Holocaust
- ‘Pitch Perfect’ Thinks Rape on College Campuses is Real, but Funny